Saturday, March 31, 2012

Mascarpone mango-coconut squares

I had about 100gms of mascarpone cheese which I had made as a experiment.
I am going to make Tiramisu soon, but waiting for my sister to arrive from USA.  And mascarpone cheese was about to reach its lifetime :) so I decided to make something from it.  I searched for few recipes, referred 2-3 recipes and came with my own recipe. It can be made in layered approach as well, so you can stack up layers of this dessert, however keep a eye on amount of sugar you put in per layer. I am sweet tooth but I don't use much sugar in my recipes. 1. Too much sugar can make dessert just sweet not delicious, 2.It just kills main taste of dessert.

Just before putting everything in refrigerator

Ingredients:
1.  Mango pulp (or any fruit pulp not juice )
2. 100 gms mascarpone cheese (any cream cheese shall work as well)
3. 100 gms dessicated coconut
4. 50 gms icing sugar

Take a bowl and mix together mascarpone cheese, 80gms of dessicated coconut and sugar till smooth thick paste is formed. Now add mango pulp (or any fruit pulp) as per your taste and mix it well.

You are done :) surprised? well yeah this recipe don't require any cooking/baking at all. Take any square shape baking tin and grease it with little butter so that mixture won't stick to it. Then sprinkle remaining dessicated coconut into greased tin so that it will cover all tin. Pour mixture carefully in tin and make sure to level it properly. Put tin in fridge for about over night and then serve by cutting in medium sized squares.

You can sprinkle some more dessicated coconut before serving or pour some pulp around them. Enjoy chilled :)

End product :)

No comments:

Post a Comment